How to Apply for a Transit Visa in US

Updated on Tuesday 24th May 2016

Rate this article
based on 1 reviews

How to Apply for a Transit Visa in US Image
It is known that an individual of a foreign state who wishes to enter the United States needs to get a visa, either a non-immigrant visa for passing stay, or an immigrant visa for stable residence.

Transit visas are non-immigrant visas for people that travel in immediate and uninterrupted voyage through the United States going to another republic, with a few exceptions. Our immigration lawyers in Miami can provide any information regarding the transit visas needed.

If a person already has an official visitor visa, he will be able to use it to transit the United States of America. If you are a resident of a participating nation, you are able to travel the U.S. on the “Visa Waiver Program”.

The immigration attorney in Miami will guide you through the entire visa getting process and will also explain you how to complete the DS-160 form.

Our immigration team in Miami can help you prepare for the interview

As our immigration lawyers in Miami remind, children younger than 13 years and 80 year old people don’t need to make an interview appointment with the consular officer. Every person needs to schedule a meeting for the visa consultation, normally at the United States Embassy or Consulate in the republic he lives in.

Wait times for interview schedule differ by place, time of year and visa type, so every individual needs to apply early.

Extra documents for a transit Visa In the United States

The Miami immigration lawyers are able to help you and assist you if any other documents are needed in order to obtain the transit visa. Supplementary requested papers may contain confirmation that shows:

•    residence in your home state and the intention to return there;
•    entering into the U.S. to transit while travelling ahead to another state and the intention to depart the United States;
•    the capacity to pay all expenses while in the U.S.

Evidence of your onward journey engagements and/or authorization to enter another state after leaving the U.S. may be enough proof that your purpose for entering the United States is passing through.

Please feel free to contact our immigration lawyers in Miami for any other transit visa information.


There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.