M Visa for the U.S.

Updated on Monday 05th September 2016

Rate this article
based on 1 reviews

M Visa for the U.S. Image
The M visa for the U.S. is a nonimmigrant  student visa issued to foreign citizens who wish to study in the U.S. in a vocational or some other form of nonacademic establishment, with the exception of a language training study.

Requirements for the M visa for the U.S.

According to the immigration legislation in Miami, foreigners who wish to obtain the M visa for U.S. have to meet the following requirements:

•    The applicant has to take part in a vocational or nonacademic educational program within a recognized establishment in the U.S.;
•    The candidate must prove that he or she disposes of enough funds to support himself or herself while the course is taking place;
•    The visa applicant has to be able to demonstrate his or her intention to return in his or her country of origin at the end of the study;
•    There can also be other character and health requirements.

Application process for the M visa in the U.S. 

There are several steps which need to be followed in order to receive the M visa for the U.S. These are, not necessarily in this order:

•    Fill in the online DS-160 Form;
•    Upload a photo while filling out the above mentioned file;
•    Schedule an interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s country of residence;
•    Pay the application fee, which is of USD 160;
•    Gather the necessary documents: Our immigration attorneys in Miami can offer further details on the required documents to those who are interested in acquiring this type of visa in the U.S. and can help them with the procedure of obtaining it.

Rights rendered by the M visa for U.S.

With an M visa for the U.S., a foreign citizen can effectuate vocational study in the country at a recognized educational establishment. It is generally valid for the duration of the study up to one year, being possible to apply for an extension. If you are an M visa holder and you wish to extend it, our immigration lawyers in Miami can help. 

This type of visa allows the person who received it to also undertake practical training or connected temporary employment after the course has been completed.

A Miami immigration lawyer can help you obtain various visas for the U.S. If you are interested in applying for the M visa for the U.S., we can assist you will all the necessary steps and procedures. Please do not hesitate to contact us.


There are no comments

Please note that URLs are not allowed in the message.